Children Ministry Opportunity
by Scomm Admins
SCommAC is looking for a Children Ministry Director/ Pastor to provide leadership and overall ministry direction for all aspects of Children’s Ministry. Currently, we have approximately 20 volunteers and 25-30 children in this growing ministry. The candidate will be partnering with volunteers, leaders, staff members and parents to implement Children Ministry programs that disciple children and support families to live missionally in the community. The candidate will also be able to train, teach, disciple, communicate God’s Word, execute outreach initiatives, and to possess keen administrative abilities. The candidate must be open to other general pastoral duties.
- Possesses a clear testimony of faith and deep passion for a growing relationship with Christ
- Has a high level of Christian maturity that strives deeply to reflect Jesus Christ
- Possesses a passion for the Word of God, prayer, and a desire for a growing life in the Spirit
- Possesses a strong call of God to pastor children and their family members
- Regularly practices spiritual disciplines and time alone with God
- Has a humble and teachable spirit able to take direction graciously
- Is a team player who puts priority towards the concerns of the group ahead of the self
- Is diligent, faithful and deeply motivated for the advancement of God’s Kingdom
- Must personally align with our C&MA constitution, By-laws, vision/mission of SCommAC
- Must be passionate in reaching multi-ethnic youth through missional living
- Must be passionate and able to equip others in building ministry teams
- Should be more relationally oriented than task oriented
- Should be guided by solid biblical theology and has a robust understanding and practice of the power and presence of God
- Should be spiritually gifted in the areas of shepherding, leadership, evangelism, administration, teaching
- Able to secure approval for employment by the Eastern Canadian District of the C&MA
- Ability to start and to sustain ministries, build teams, and equip others
- A competent administrator who can lead multiple ministries
- Self-motivated, takes initiative, accepts accountability, willing to go beyond the call of duty
- Emotionally intelligent: has a good understanding of people and relational dynamics
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in children ministry as a volunteer and/or paid staff
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized Theological education or equivalent
- Knowledge and experience working in a multi-ethnic context with sensitivity to Chinese culture would be a definite asset
Note: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature of the role and responsibilities. The successful candidate may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by the Senior Pastor.
Salary & Benefits:
This is a ¾ -time position to start (salary to commensurate with experience & qualifications). This position has the potential of becoming full-time as our church/ministry grows. Compensation will be fairly consistent with C&MA denominational guidelines.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to the Senior Pastor, Chairman of the Search Committee: email@example.com
You can also download the job posting here. Deadline to apply is Nov. 4th, 2018.
October 05, 2018
February 18, 2018
May 03, 2017